Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Try, Try Again

This is my second attempt at a blog. Over a year ago I started one, and then decided with Facebook, it was just ONE MORE thing to keep up with. But I'm back at it again, as I have new goals set and more thoughts than ever so I'm going to give it another try! What's the old saying? If at first you don't succeed, try, try again!



Yesterday I officially closed my tutoring business. Not because it wasn't profitable, it was more profitable than I ever could have imagined, but profit isn't my currency. They say people have different currency they want, and my currency is time, my own time. I loved helping the students, and I am so appreciative of the customers I had, and the opportunities I was given. As with all new adventures, I tried it, discovered it wasn't quite what I wanted, and it's time to move on. Here are the key things I learned from owning a business:

1. Even if you love what you do, it is still work.

2. I like to network, I don't like to "sell myself".

3. My time is more valuable than any amount of cash .

4. I can say NO.

5. Balance is key.

6. Asking for help is necessary.

7. Be flexible with your plans.

8. Accept the things I'm not in control of.

9. Go with your gut, instincts are EVERYTHING.

10. Owning a business is not what I want to do with the rest of my life!



I am most grateful to my loving and supportive husband who believed in me 2 years ago and had the faith that everything would be okay! And here we are 2 years later, everything has been better than okay!



Here's to the next chapter... whatever that may be!

No comments:

Post a Comment