Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Journey Continued

I. am. so. tired.  This is how I feel about this time everyday (almost 9pm) but it's been worth every ounce of it!  Bop and I completed our BIG roadtrip in South Glens Falls, New York where we had an old-fashioned, yummy spaghetti dinner at Massies Italian restaurant!  Rumor has it that this is the spot he used to love to dine with Lucy, Kevin's grandmother.  The legend is that they would take large pots into the kitchen and fill them up with enough spaghetti for the entire family.  One of the original owners' sons was still there and told me how he had a crush on our beloved Aunt Pat when they were in about 6th grade!  She had no idea, or so she says! :)  After a good night's sleep we were on the road to the Murray Camp (our final destination) via the Adirondack Mountains.  I highly recommend that if you've not made it to this beautiful piece of our country, you do so before you die... it's undescribable!  The weather was alittle yucky, but not enough to stop the Road Warriors!
Once we arrived at camp, it has been nonstop for the most part.. I cook, wash the dishes, get things unpacked, and ready for the rest of the summer visitors who will start arriving this weekend.  Once again, I don't know them all, but Bop does, so I just play along!  I have had some small breaks, and Bop likes to show me new places, so we've taken a ride through Ogdensburg, Morristown, and today we ventured to the mall in Watertown. 
I mentioned in my last post how much I've learned about life on this trip with Bop, mostly, I've learned not to stress... he doesn't stress, so I don't stress.  Or I should say  I don't stress about the minute things I typically have.  I stress about Bop's safety, health, and well-being, but other than that, there's not a worry on my mind!  Camp is a stress-free place to begin with, but Bop makes it even more stress free.  His life has taken him places that most of my family and friends can't fathom, and he's still here, so it just goes to show that hardwork and no stress are the perfect prescription for a long life!

1 comment:

  1. Kristen, what a beautiful gift you have given Bop, and he has given you in return. Be happy!
    love you both Aunt Niki

    ReplyDelete