Monday, June 7, 2010

I'm Free!

Last week marked the end of another school year, and the beginning of a totally free summer! For the first time, in 12 years, I am taking the summer off as a true teacher should. Oh but don't be fooled, I'll be busy. My summer vacay started this past weekend as K and I headed to the First Annual Lake Norman Food and Wine Festival to pour wine for our friend, Dobbin's Creek Vineyards. It was a sweltering 90-something degrees, so I wouldn't say it was my favorite wine festival yet! It was a good time as usual, people watching, talking to others who like wine as much as we do. We opted not to return for Sunday's events, rather K finished the built-in bookshelf/entertainment center and rearranged the furniture too! I spent Sunday making this week's "European" menu and shopping for all the yummy ingredients! This week is GREEK WEEK, so our menu is full of flavorful and heart-healthy dishes. I must say this week's menu takes me back 13 years ago to a trip to Greece I will never forget. It was my first European trip and one I'd make again in a heartbeat if I wasn't so responsible. Alas, I can't wait to take a trip like that with K, we must plan for it soon!

So you might be asking, "What are you going to do with all your free time this summer?" I've got plans.... stay tuned....

No comments:

Post a Comment