Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Reality Continues to Sink In

It has been quite an emotional couple of days around here.  The reality that I have to go back to work has sunk in, and the thought of parting with my Emma Bug every morning is a bit torturous. (Is that a word?)  I know it will be okay, parents entrust their children in day cares and schools ALL. THE. TIME. Seriously, I'm a teacher, I've been the person with whom parents have entrusted their children!  This shouldn't be difficult.  I rationally know that it will be okay and that she is going to love her school, teachers, and little friends she will make, so why do I keep feeling sad?  Don't answer that.

I just need to remember this, Genesis 31:49b "May the Lord keep watch between you and me when we are away from each other." 

Over the weekend I was like a scheduling nazi, trying to decide the best schedule for her to get on... well, by the end of the weekend and several pieces of advice I let go of that!  Thank Goodness, I was not only driving myself crazy, confusing the heck out of Wonder Girl, but I think Kevin was ready to trade me in!  I just continue to pray that one day soon, we will get a full night of sleep, everyone needs it.  Even the dog!

Today I dropped off all of Emma's necessary belongings at her school. The teachers are so sweet and the other little ones in the room took to Emma  immediately. Thankfully today she was awake when we went so she could get a glimpse of her classroom and her new environment. Tomorrow is the test day... I have a hair appointment and so Emma will be doing a little trial time in her new environment.  Yes, I could've done it on a day when I could just come home and sleep, or get stuff done around the house, but honestly, that would not be so good for me.  I need to do it on a day when I have something else distracting me. It would seem weird to be at home nowadays without her!

Who wouldn't miss this?

No comments:

Post a Comment